YOUR MATTRESS: How Often Should You Replace It?
According to The Sleep Foundation, mattresses should be replaced every 6 to 8 years.
This is, of course, a broad guideline rather than a one-size-fits-all answer. When it comes to replacing your mattress, there are a number of variables to consider.
In general, if one or more of the following apply, you should replace your mattress:
- It’s around 6-8 years old.
- It’s interfering with your sleep.
- In some places, it’s visibly droopy or damaged.
- There’s a lot more noise than usual (noisy springs are common in old innerspring mattresses)
- You sleep better in hotels, friends’ residences, and so forth.
- You’ve seen a rise in allergies and/or asthma symptoms.
- You have muscular or joint stiffness every morning.
Need your old mattress disposed of at a legal regulated facility? Call Home Team Hauling for a free estimate.
Home Team Hauling is a locally owned, licensed, insured and professional corporation that provides impeccable customer service to residential and commercial businesses in Lamorinda, Contra Costa County and all surrounding areas. We specialize in the removal of unwanted furniture, general trash and junk, appliances, hot tubs, e-waste, mattresses and yard/construction debris. We guarantee that debris and junk will be delivered to a legal and regulated facility. Residential and Commercial cleanout services are also available. Visit us at https://hometeamhauling.com and request a free estimate. Phone: 925-605-6663