6 ACTIONS: How to Decide What Stuff to Keep
Deciding what to throw out is the difficult part for many folks. Indecision slows the whole downsizing process down.
Here are six (6) actions to take as you are surveying the piles of stuff:
- Throw it out if you have no idea what it is.
- Toss it if you can’t recall why you still have it.
- If you have something in the garage that you don’t know what to do with, get rid of it.
- If it’s broken and can’t be fixed simply, it’s trash. Don’t tell yourself you’ll fix it someday.
- If you have multiples of the same item, retain no more than two of the best and discard the rest.
- Items you’ve used in the last year, tools that are difficult to rent or borrow, and anything in working order should all be kept.
Home Team Hauling is a locally owned, licensed, insured and professional corporation that provides impeccable customer service to residential and commercial businesses in Lamorinda, Contra Costa County and all surrounding areas. We specialize in the removal of unwanted furniture, general trash and junk, appliances, hot tubs, e-waste, mattresses and yard/construction debris. We guarantee that debris and junk will be delivered to a legal and regulated facility. Residential and Commercial cleanout services are also available. Visit us at https://hometeamhauling.com and request a free estimate. Phone: 925-605-6663